Ink Stain in Dryer

Old 06-02-08, 10:43 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ink Stain in Dryer

My son left a ballpoint pen in his pocket. While in the dryer, it started leaking ink. I've read some threads that say you can treat the stains in the clothes with hairspray, nail polish remover, or rubbing alcohol, but my concern is the stains that are in the dryer tub. I was unable to wipe them off with soap and water, but am afraid to dry more clothes in fear that the wet clothes and heat generation may cause the ink to transfer to the clothes. Should I try using hairspray, nail polish remover, or rubbing alcohol on the dryer tub, or does someone have a better suggestion?

Old 06-02-08, 10:45 AM
T
Apply rubbing alcohol to paper towels or white rag, changing as needed, and rub, rub, rub until no more ink comes off dryer drum. Then, toss a couple old towels in the dryer and run for a cycle to assure no ink comes off on laundry. Any residual stain on dryer drum will not affect operation of dryer or laundry if ink has been removed. Note: Never spray or pour a cleaner into a dryer drum.

Old 06-02-08, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
After cleaning, run the dryer on the no heat cycle for at least a few minutes before you switch to any heat mode.

Also, same thing happened to me, I finally wound up using "goof off", and it was much more effective.

Old 06-02-08, 09:42 PM
goof off may work..but may also take off the paint...once you cant get any more ink off..run it on air fluff for awhile...then once dried i dont think the remaining ink will come off

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: