how cani get chocolate stain out of 100% polyester material

Old 08-03-08, 06:21 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy how cani get chocolate stain out of 100% polyester material

My dog accidentally ate a chocolate swiss cake on my new bed comforter . it says dry clean only, but i don't want to spend money if i can just do it myself at home.. the material of my comforter is 100% polyester i have no idea. please help!!

Old 08-04-08, 06:12 AM
a good enzyme spotter would help....but what you may not realize is..there are artifical dyes in food that may need more than that...so with that in mind it also may need a good dye remover...before you go and start trying different cleaners...i would suggest calling a dry cleaners and simply asking what they would charge to try to clean it

you could spend 30-40 bucks alone picking up different cleaners and then your time in trying to clean it...polyester should clean up well...but it all depends on how and if the dyes were set into the material

you can pick up a good enzyme spotter from a janitoral supply store...apply to area and let work 10-15 mins..blot with a rag if it transfer continue to do so until you can not remove anything else..then launder in cool water..but do not dry if it did not come out

Old 07-11-10, 04:57 AM
G
Chocolate stains

I am in the chocolate business TRUST ME just dye the comforter darker, chocolate is a Beeeaccch to get out. ALSO you should not be feeding your dog chocolate ( it can kill a dog). If you take your comforter to the cleaners I suggest stopping by petco and get a book on what and what NOT to feed your pets

Old 07-20-10, 12:35 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,166 Votes on 1,124 Posts
I would think after two years the stain is either out or set permanently

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: