Formica Countertop Scratches

Old 10-10-08, 09:17 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Formica Countertop Scratches

Any ideas on how I can get rid of some knife scratch marks on a Formica countertop in the kitchen. Sure will make life a lot easier if I can repair before she notices ! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-08, 10:43 PM
T
Buy a cutting board. Most folks know that your should protect surfaces in the home and take care to make them look new as long as possible. If you have Formica and you need to disguise some minor scratches, then perhaps some auto wax or Gel Gloss can come to the rescue. If damage is deep then, there is no repair.

Old 10-13-08, 11:02 PM
i think somewhere i saw repair kit for formica...a liquid that hardens into a solid..but color match would be hard...just pony up to it and buy her something nice

other than a cuttingboard ")

Old 10-16-08, 06:02 PM
T
If scratches are minor, perhaps some auto wax can disguise. Again, I cannot stress the importance of a cutting board. Perhaps, a beautiful cutting board placed over the area of damage can conceal the damage. Never cut directly onto the countertop. If a cutting board is not in the budget, perhaps a paper plate or one of those little plastic cutting boards from the discount store would suffice.