How to clean 'Tiny-Mesh' inside Tea-Kettle?

Old 03-28-09, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to clean 'Tiny-Mesh' inside Tea-Kettle?

Hi All:
There is a small-sized tea-kettle that has 'tiny mesh' for filtering tea when pouring tea into a tea-cup. This, 'tiny, tiny mesh' got clogged-up because of a number of time using/pouring tea, every day. Then, I am no longer able to use it, although a Tea-Kettle' itself is in perfect shape.

If any of you have any idea for cleaning up, this 'clogged-up' mesh, I'd truly thanksful for any tips given.

Thanks,

Old 03-28-09, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 110 Posts
Have you tried those dish scrubbers, with the plastic bristles on a handle? Not sure what it's called but you can find them in the supermarket or hardware store along with the kitchen stuff. That's what I use for things like that.

Old 03-28-09, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response.

The problem is that the 'tiny mesh' made by wire(aluminum wire?) is NOT reachable. Then, in desperate try, I used Clorax/bleach to clean those, stuffed/gank(?) built-up over the time. However, it's still impossible to clean, except a bit better than before.

If there are something like 'self-cleaning' solution, ... like baking-soda, it might work(?). Since the tea-kettle(expensive, bought over on-line) itself is a perfect shape except discoloration, ... I want to keep it as long as I can, ... but again the issue is 'How to clean a clogged-up/built-up gank inside the tea-kettle?

As we all know, tea is so fine stuff, not like Coffee-Bean, it's very tough for me to clean it, .. plus 'inside tea-kettle' is unbeliebable awkward to put even one finger in.

Old 03-28-09, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 110 Posts
Ooh, how about a pipe cleaner? You can get them long and they're very skinny, so you can reach far down.

Old 03-28-09, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
You might try one of the drip coffee maker cleaners, many brands out there. Pour the powder in, then fill with boiling water. Let sit, agitate occasionally, then pour out and rinse.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: