Best rental machine for DIY carpet cleaning?

Old 05-15-09, 12:39 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Best rental machine for DIY carpet cleaning?

Hey, are the ones at Home Depot or perhaps Lowest equally good or bad? I have seen Ingles having machines available too, where would you rent it at?

Old 05-17-09, 10:01 PM
i wouldnt rent one at big box stores are all.. By the time you rent the machine, get the chemicals, defoamer, traffic lane pretreatment or whatver else you need...you are going to have around 100 bucks invested. Then you have to do it, return it and then have all those chemicals left over. Depending on the area you live in, condition and size of the area you want to clean. You could get it professional cleaned...more than likely somewhere between 100-175 and you will get a lot better results.

Or at least you could go to a rental store and rent a much more professional grade of machine

Old 05-18-09, 07:31 AM
P
OK, good points. I need think more about this. If the savings are nominal it's better to leave the job for a pro. We have 4 bed rooms, 1 walk-in closet, a hall and stairs carpeted.

Thank you for your response.

Old 05-18-09, 10:16 PM
like i mentioned or hinted at..prices will vary...but its better in my thoughts to pay a bit more to have it done correctly and in a timely manner...

Old 06-09-09, 12:50 AM
A
Smile

Carpet cleaning machines are available at most home centers and grocery stores. They are usually small and easy to handle. They typically rent from between twenty to thirty dollars a day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: