Leaving lights on all day to stop mould

Reply

  #1  
Old 07-24-09, 07:31 PM
F
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaving lights on all day to stop mould

How much difference does leaving the lights on make?
 
  #2  
Old 07-25-09, 05:46 AM
B
Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 10,524
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
Hi fanman, molds thrive on moisture and a food source. The food source can be any organic material, even the paper on your sheetrock or your homes wood framing. In bathroors it is recommenred that you run the exhaust fan for 20 minutes after showers. Correct all leaks and check your basement for moisture. A dirt floor in a basement or crawl space needs to be covered and sealed with a vapor barrier. Without specifics as to what your problem is, this is the best I can do.

lights out
Bud
 
  #3  
Old 07-25-09, 10:41 AM
G
Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hamilton County, Ohio
Posts: 4,295
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Somewhere between little and none. The only way lights would help is if they generated enough heat to drop the humidity below the point mold needs to thrive.
 
  #4  
Old 07-26-09, 09:04 PM
Docduck's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,453
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i think we need more info to answer your problem..what part of your home are you having problems with it...and the answer is no i do not think leaving the lights on will do anything
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: