Pet Stains in Carpet

Old 05-12-10, 08:17 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pet Stains in Carpet

We have two dogs who we keep in the house on a regular basis. They stay in their kennels throughout the day but roam free once we get home. Because of the long winters here, I find that the carpet throughout the house always seems to have areas where the dogs have either peed in the house or have tracked mud/water through the house. Regardless of how much i shampoo the carpets i can't seem to get the spots out! Is there anything that will work really well on the carpets. Possibly some kind of carpet cleaner solution I can use in my carpet cleaner. Or would it be better to rent one of those industrial carpet cleaners and use that? Thanks for your help

Old 05-12-10, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the messes have most likely soaked thru to the padding.. to be honest DIY shampoo machines or even the ones you can rent arent going to help. Most of the process is in the knowledge of using it. To get rid of the spots and any smells..the carpet would have to be pulled back.. padding tossed and replaced..subfloor cleaned and sealed

This of course depends on your budget and if your keeping the pets in the long run. If you forsee this problem continuing down the road. Hire a professional cleaner on a regular basis and that should cut down on it. But its not a solution.

Old 05-13-10, 10:33 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
I'm with Docduck here - we have this problem a lot in our units and carpet can be cleaned but pad cannot. If the pad gets wet, it gets tossed. If the floor beneath is penetrated, we seal it. We clean both sides of the carpet before tacking it back down if we've pulled it up. Also, we do not allow tenants to clean their own carpets - they don't have to use our guy but they must hire out all carpet cleaning because rental machines don't have the power to pull the moisture and chemicals back out of the carpet, which leads to dirtier carpets than ever in a few weeks to a couple months.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: