aluminum patio furniture

Old 05-28-10, 10:06 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
aluminum patio furniture

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep from getting covered in black smudge marks off our patio set?

Old 05-29-10, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! It's the aluminum itself wearing off (I've had this happen with aluminum things) and not sure there's anything you can do except maybe to spray paint it. Not even sure if that will work in the long run.
If it's not a real expensive set, you might want to consider just getting a new one if it's in the budget.

Old 05-30-10, 07:16 AM
wash it down and let it dry..i would prime it then paint it...its called chaulking...just what that metal does when exposed to the weather

Old 06-08-10, 06:10 AM
K
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Removing Black Marks

I had the same problem with the seats on my boat and I believe it should work on patio furniture. In a spray bottle, use a mixture of 1 part bleach and 3 parts water. Spray it on or apply with a towel and let it dry without rubbing. Repeat the process 2 - 5 times and it should go away. Worked like a charm on my boat seats, it should work on your patio furniture.
Good luck!

Last edited by Shadeladie; 06-08-10 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Link removed. Advertising not allowed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: