ink stains in dryer

Old 06-14-10, 09:15 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb ink stains in dryer

I woke up to find that my son had left a ink pen in his jeans and it had exploded in the dryer. I was so upset. I went to this web site and explored the solutions and they worked somewhat first it was rubbing alcohol, then it was nail polish remover, then I tried Mr Clean Magic Eraser. All did their bit of removing the stains from my dryer but nothing seem to get rid of those final faded marks. Then I was struck with an idea, Clorox Bleach! So I grabbed an old rag and dabbed some bleach onto the rag then I began to cover the entire drum with the straight bleach and by the time I got all the way around the drum the stains where gone. Next I waited 30 min then I rinsed the drum with a new rag and cold water several times and then dried it with another clean rag. And my dryer looks like new. So I just had to share this final solution with all of you. I hope it helps someone.

Old 06-14-10, 10:44 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Just be careful using bleach in a confined area and never mix bleach with any other cleaner. So rinsing between steps is always a good idea

Old 06-15-10, 06:54 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Glad it worked, I don't think I could stand to be around bleach in such a tight space

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: