terrible wet smell in house

Old 08-04-10, 07:36 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
terrible wet smell in house

Since the temperature of the outdoors has been consistently above 90 degrees, and we have had to have the house closed up with the air conditioner almost nonstop, we have had a musty smell similar to wet towels on one side of the house. The west side of the home does not smell, only the east. Our home is a slab home with no crawel space. I have cleaned and cleaned everywhere. We have had one day of rain in about a months time. Where is the smell coming from and who do I call to check?

Old 08-04-10, 05:35 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
I would check the duct work because it is only on one side.

Old 08-04-10, 10:35 PM
does sound like something is either dead in duct work..is the hvac system preforming ok? sometimes when units are not at peak levels they let the humidity come up in the home and you will get odors

Old 08-25-10, 03:19 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by fooflemom View Post
Since the temperature of the outdoors has been consistently above 90 degrees, and we have had to have the house closed up with the air conditioner almost nonstop, we have had a musty smell similar to wet towels on one side of the house. The west side of the home does not smell, only the east. Our home is a slab home with no crawel space. I have cleaned and cleaned everywhere. We have had one day of rain in about a months time. Where is the smell coming from and who do I call to check?
I had this same problem a few years ago and it was driving me crazy. I live in a rural area and a mouse had gotten in the house and took a bite of the electric ignitation wire behind my gas stove and fried him self and that was where the smell was coming from.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: