how to remove silicone lubricant overspray from sealed concrete

Old 09-07-12, 10:13 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to remove silicone lubricant overspray from sealed concrete

At our condo, the guys who were lubricating the storm shutters with some type of silicone spray lubricant oversprayed all over our furniture and balconies. The balconies are sealed concrete. I am trying to find a solvent that will remove the silicone without damaging the sealer. The sealer for the concrete was put on around a year ago so it is well cured.
I have read about Dawn blue dishwashing liquid as well as All-Prep from Kleen-Strip. I called Klean-Strip, and the rep says he knows of no product that can remove silicone. Does anyone know of something that should work and still be safe for concrete sealer?
Thanks
Dave

Old 09-07-12, 10:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 720 Likes on 631 Posts
You might try mineral spirits. Test a small hidden area first, I don't think it will harm the sealer but better safe than sorry

Old 09-07-12, 10:33 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Likes on 1,140 Posts
My first thought would be to attempt to get the people who sprayed it to take responsibility for the actions.

Old 09-07-12, 11:10 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree. We are not there now. I will be arriving Mon evening. They have "tried" a few substances (trial and error), and when things dry, "the stains remain". My thought would be that they need to go to the manufacturer of the lubricant and find out what solvents can be used to clean it up.

So far, this has all been third hand info. When I get down there, we will have a better idea what we are facing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: