mold clean up/regrowth

Old 12-15-13, 11:20 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mold clean up/regrowth

I have a area outside my home where no sun hits at all and there is a deck there also.I have a mold growth problem on siding and under deck .What are dome things i can do or use to inhibit or help prevent the high growth of it? I know i wont stop it but want to do all i can to help control it better.
I have cut back ant tree limbs,double checked the gutter drainage also , but both sides of house still block sun.im sure after a rain there is some moisture that remains /sinks into ground also i noticed the snow didnt even melt for many days there in 30s .
It is in Tn .
Any info is appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-13, 11:28 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 673 Votes on 622 Posts
I've never tried applying anything. I just do a thorough cleaning/pressure washing once a year. I think it helps by removing potential food sources and it by removing dirt that can hold moisture keeping the area wet a bit longer.

Old 12-15-13, 12:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
Lack of sun [and wind] cause the moisture to stick around which is a major contributing factor in the mold/mildew. I normally use a bleach/water solution followed by pressure washing to clean it. You can add extra mildewcide to your deck stain next time - it will help a little.

Old 12-15-13, 06:41 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply.Has anyone ever tried those commercial products like "wet it and forget it",or that anti mold spray at the big box stores? supposed to leave a micro film for a few months after using it on a clean surface.
Also after i tear up the deck is it best to have gravel under it to help absorb it or would it be best to let the rain soak into ground?