Wet and Forget for Showers

Old 09-03-15, 01:53 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wet and Forget for Showers

I have been seeing a great deal of advertising about how great Wet And Forget is for showers. According to the ads I have seen you just spray it on your shower and wait a bit and then just rinse and the shower is clean. Is the advertising true or is it just hype? I would be using it on a Sterling Accord shower stall. Thank you for your help!

Old 09-03-15, 04:23 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Do you have any idea what's in it? I certainly could use something like that. Try to get the ingredients.

Old 09-03-15, 07:32 AM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I just bought some to try (sucker!). It's not quite as simple as you describe, but almost. They say it's best to start with a clean shower stall. Then once a week you spray it on, but you don't rinse it until the next time you want to use the shower.

They say you can start with a less than pristine shower stall, but you use it more often until it's clean and it will take longer to have an effect.

It targets mostly soap scum, but some reviewers claim it helps with hard water stains...we'll see.
Manufacturer says it contains two proprietary surfactants, one targets soap scum, the other body oil.

Old 09-03-15, 08:19 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
There was a scrubbing bubbles product like that 10 years ago. As with this product, it would clean a shower but took a while if it was dirty but would keep a clean one clean. I could always smell bleach when it ran so I know that was one of the ingredients.

Old 09-03-15, 10:04 AM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Word of caution - I know nothing about this product, however - One of the glass shower installation companies said that some of these automatic shower cleaner spray thingies ate away at the aluminum/metal shower door enclosures destroying the finish. Conveniently not covered under warranty...

Old 09-03-15, 12:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,421 Votes on 1,314 Posts
I've tried many of the "self cleaning" cleaners. Most do use bleach and based on that I spray my tiled walls with a mild mixture of bleach and water. Keeps the shower pretty clean.

I've never found the "scrubbing bubbles" to work too hard by themselves.

Old 09-03-15, 12:55 PM
C
FWIW, Wet n Forget specifically states it does not contain bleach or ammonia....

Old 09-03-15, 09:03 PM
H
Knowing that this doesn't contain bleach or ammonia is very good information. It sounds kind of promising but I also figured there was a catch to this product which from what I hear there is. Kind of pricey too for a cleaning product but if it does the job it would be great. The one thing I did like was the large dispenser which means fewer trips to the store to get this. So I might try it but I am also interested in seeing if others have an opinion. If I get a chance to I might write the manufacturer of the shower an e-mail and seek their opinion too.

Old 09-03-15, 09:13 PM
C
Yes, I'll be interested in seeing how it works. The reviews on amazon are the usual mix of "greatest thing ever" and "doesn't work at all".

Old 09-04-15, 07:44 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Toilet cleaner for cleaning tub & tile

FWIW...For the initial cleaning...

My upstairs tub & shower had accumulated an all-over orange tint due to my well water iron content. I tried Tilex, bleach, "scrubbing bubbles", The Works, and various concentrations of Super Iron Out and none worked. I rarely use the upstairs bath so it was easy for me to ignore the problem as it got worse.

One day I came home and discovered that a family friend who was renting our spare room for a couple months had cleaned the tub & tile with toilet bowl cleaner and it was again bright white. Tub, tile and grout all looked like new. I never heard of this trick but she said that's how her mom always cleaned the shower.

I cleaned my downstairs fiberglass stall the same way (Lysol--the thick clinging kind with 9.5% hydrochloric acid according to the label) and it works without elbow grease. Do wear a filter mask and rubber gloves, and keep it off the door frame & fixtures.

Old 09-04-15, 07:52 AM
Received 319 Votes on 286 Posts
I for one want to know what is in it! I won't be putting my body into some unknown chemical solution without benefit of what it is. And I'm sure that if it can eat it's way through soap scum and hard water over time , it will also eat into the finish of most materials.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: