Help! Hard (maybe caulk) streak in sink won't go away!

Old 10-31-15, 12:09 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help! Hard (maybe caulk) streak in sink won't go away!

After cleaning my granite countertops, I wiped down the sink. A week ago we caulked then edges and retextured the walls and paint. My husband noticed a streak in the sink-water heads off of it and goes around it. Feels hard to the touch. Doesn't look like the sink is damaged, just that there is something over it. That won't budge! Tried Goo Gone, regular dishwashing soap and a beach free hydrogen peroxide cleaner with a tooth brush. Nothing is working! Does anyone have any tips? It's a brand new Kohler Caxton sink and now we just feel like it's ruined.

Old 10-31-15, 05:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Would it be possible for you to post a picture or two of this, since we can't see what you see? You mentioned three activities that took place, so it could be any of them. Since the water is beading around it, my suspicion is silicone. After we see the pictures, we may come to a better solution, but in the meantime you could possibly use MEK (Methyl Ethyl Keytone), available almost anywhere in paint departments. Apply some to a rag and wipe across the area. If silicone it should release. Is the sink stainless or porcelain?

Old 10-31-15, 05:46 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 383 Votes on 339 Posts
pics would be nice - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html
Sometimes scraping works the best. Use a plastic putty knife with plenty of soap for a lubricant.

Old 10-31-15, 08:34 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  9.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  16.2 KB

Pictures are attached! I hope you can see it well. Thank you for your responses and suggestions! We just got new granite and new cabinets, so now having a sink that looks "damaged" was a bit upsetting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: