Ceramic Tile Floor Stain

Old 03-17-18, 08:31 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceramic Tile Floor Stain

About 3 years ago, I removed the chemicals I keep under the sink in the kitchen to clean that area & organize my chemicals (this but one place I keep them). I put plastic on my white ceramic tile kitchen floor to keep any chemicals from getting on the tile. Once I was finished, I noticed a small area on the tiles, where plastic WAS laid, that looked like someone had "splashed" or dropped something on the floor. NOPE, apparently one if the chemicals somehow got to the tile. The tile only has a very, very light glaze, so it isn't really noticeable (except to me). I bought a glaze from Lowes & used a huge sift sponge, & very carefully, & lightly used the sponge to apply a light coat to the dulled area. Once it dried, VOILA, it was back to normal. However, after a while, it came back again. I am sure with time & cleaning, it eventually gets cleaned away, like when we used to wax our floors. They no longer make that tile, the extras I had have been used already (I have a huge kitchen). I can continue to do that forever I suppose, but does any have a better idea. Maybe something that will last longer?

Old 03-17-18, 10:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Post moved to its own thread.

Old 03-17-18, 10:59 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
I bought a glaze from Lowes

can you provide a link, not sure what this is you purchased

Old 03-17-18, 11:33 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PjMax, thank you.

Mark, I can't remember, but if I see it, I will know what it is, I don't ever forget how something looks. I probably still have it in my garage. However, it just so happens I have to go to Lowe's today & I will find it & send you the name of the glaze. I'll even take a picture & see if I can get that to you as well. I was doing a lot of home improvements during that time, stuff I've never done in my life. I learned a lot of useful things, but I was severely sleep deprived because I had a hard time just STOPPING to go to bed, so my brain was overloaded with all these new things & product names I used. Give me until no later than this evening to get back with you. I'll make myself a note so I won't forget. I need to either find mine, which may no longer be good, or buy some more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: