Metal Kitchen Sink Repair

Old 09-18-20, 05:52 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Metal Kitchen Sink Repair

Looking for suggestions of how best to repair a pin head sized hole in the bottom of a metal sink basin. There's a tiny hole just next to the plughole. Was wondering if a hard setting epoxy resin pushed through to mushroom on the other side of the hole and then smoothed off on the side exposed to water would be a robust solution?

Old 09-18-20, 06:10 AM
Received 595 Votes on 532 Posts
I doubt it would hold for any length of time. However a little better solution would to use that stuff advertised on TV. Flex tape or or paste. But flexing of the tub will work it loose over time.
I'm curious how did a hole develop in the sink. Is it SS or enameled?

Old 09-18-20, 08:10 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,575 Votes on 1,416 Posts
If you have pinholes in the bottom of the sink it is shot. The metal has simply gotten paper thin and is wearing completely through in spots. Start shopping for a new sink.

I've had good luck using a foil backed bitumen faced tape. It's sold in rolls and often used for roof repairs. Thoroughly clean the bottom and stick on the tape and press very firmly. To help it adhere better after it's stuck you can warm the sink & tape with a hair dryer and push it into place again to make sure it's firmly stuck. This is only temporary though as you'll probably start seeing other holes appearing elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: