How Do You Clean Bacon Grease

Old 03-05-21, 02:29 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Question How Do You Clean Bacon Grease

So I bought this gas range. I cook bacon almost every morning.
It splatters. I tried the splatter thing that looks like a racket. Splatters still get through.
I even put a lid on it but when I take the lid off to turn the bacon over, it splatters.
I know I can cook the bacon in the oven but I don't want to light it up every morning.
WHAT do you use to clean your gas range with? I mean...is there a certain type of cleaner that works well on bacon grease?
I have been using Simple Green but it doesn't do the best job. OR maybe I'm using the wrong stuff...?
Any answers will be appreciated.

Old 03-05-21, 02:41 PM
Received 16 Upvotes on 12 Posts
Windex works wonders!
Use it regularly and range is a 1976 model and still clean!

Old 03-05-21, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
Glass cleaner does work well, tho you may have to go over it more than once. Also you can just fill up your sink with some water and dishwashing detergent.. That works just as well and is cheaper and no paper towels to waste.
On another note, I'm going to sound like a mother hen, but eating bacon almost every day is a heart attack waiting to happen. Maybe some cereal or oatmeal instead. Sorry, had to say it.

Old 03-06-21, 04:51 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
Try cooking the bacon in a microwave. There are many recipes on the internet. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...crowave-bacon/ Supposedly microwave bacon is healthier because of reduced carcinogens. I use a toaster oven. Either way there is no mess.

Old 03-06-21, 05:00 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Microwave bacon is easer, cleaner, safer, healthier (even the "turkey" bacon taste pretty good). What more is there to say?

Old 03-06-21, 08:56 AM
C
This thread reminds me of a joke I read many years ago. I've massaged it a bit to fit better with the thread.

"On the eight day God saw what he had created and he was pleased. As a reward he blessed Adam with the three greatest foods ever created - Bacon, cheeseburgers and pizza. Then the Garden of Eden stuff happened. God was not pleased so he created oatmeal."

Rough Rooster voted this post useful.
Old 03-06-21, 11:16 AM
😂 you guys are funny. I think I will do the microwave bacon. I had totally forgot about doing it in the microwave. And Shady Lady for your information bacon is one of the best things you can eat. Thank you for all your help!

Old 03-06-21, 03:26 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
And Shady Lady for your information bacon is one of the best things you can eat.

Unbelievable!

How does one respond to this kind of post?

How bad is Bacon for my health?

Bad news: Bacon has a lot of sodium. And too much sodium puts you at risk for heart disease and high blood pressure . One slice of bacon has about 190 milligrams of sodium. According to the Mayo Clinic, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend having 2,300 milligrams of sodium every day.

Old 03-06-21, 06:46 PM
C
But the good news is bacon tastes great! Reduced sodium bacon has 240 mg per serving. Slightly more than 10% of the recommended daily sodium intake. Eat bacon for breakfast and tofu and bean sprouts the rest of the day.

Old 03-07-21, 05:48 AM
https://youtu.be/_KcPDMy77gs
Bacon is not the enemy!
Sodium is not the enemy!
Come on, do your homework.
Since we now have the Internet true information is out there. Sometimes you just have to hunt for it.

Old 03-07-21, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Maybe you should do your homework. This is the epitome of everything you read on the Internet must be true. This is one person's opinion. There are other articles that say different. You need to go to trustworthy sources, not the word of one person.
Even if the meat itself is okay, it's the processing of it that's bad. Also who is making it is an issue.
I also believe he says "everything in moderation", several times at that.. I hardly think everyday is considered in moderation. But you do you!

Norm201 voted this post useful.
Old 03-07-21, 09:53 AM
Please show me where I ever said you can eat everything in moderation. I eat low carb. I haven't felt this good in 30 years. I no longer have the brain fog or the fatigue. But I do have energy. So you know if you want to believe everything they say on the internet you can go ahead and do that. I will not respond to any more posts on this thread. As I have spoken from experience.

Old 03-07-21, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Please show me where I ever said you can eat everything in moderation
I didn't say you said it I said the guy in the video said it. You're the one that linked to it. Anyway, you said you eat bacon everyday and eating bacon everyday is not eating in moderation.
f you want to believe everything they say on the internet you can go ahead and do that
Umm, I think that would be you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: