Concrete basement floor stains

Old 04-07-21, 05:21 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concrete basement floor stains

I would like to know if there is a product that will clean stains and dirt from basement floor. I have spilled oil based stain and paint and would like to know how to clean it.

Old 04-07-21, 05:47 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 867 Votes on 798 Posts
Yes, if you search for "concrete stain remover" many options will appear. Also, most home centers stock products for removing stains from concrete. It's commonly done before painting or epoxying concrete floors.

Old 04-07-21, 05:53 AM
Group Moderator
Received 901 Votes on 827 Posts
Its very unlikely you will ever get the oil based stain out completely... especially if it has been more than a few hours since it was spilled. If you put something on it right away you might get able to lighten the stain but it would also make it larger in size. Lacquer thinner and vigorous scrubbing with a wire brush, followed by blotting with rags or newspapers could help lift some of the stain.

Old 04-07-21, 06:28 AM
Received 489 Votes on 453 Posts
Concrete is pretty porous so stain is going to soak ight in, dirt and even paint, mainly latex, can be removed with a pressure washer.

If your not going to do anything to the floor find a janitor supply company and get a couple gallons of concrete sealer, It goes down with a mop, seals the floors from staining and keeps the dust down.

I would not recommend the same for a garage, with water it can be very slippery!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: