Under cabinet cleaning

Old 09-26-21, 04:23 PM
K
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Under cabinet cleaning

An unnoticed leak under the kitchen sink has flooded the cabinet and under as well as ceiling and wall of newly refinished lower bath
I have cleaned the inside of cabinet and put a fan, but do not know how much water went under the cabinet.
how do I clean under the cabinet ? Do I put the floor of cabinet or trim and then clean ?

Old 09-26-21, 11:20 PM
Received 950 Votes on 862 Posts
how do I clean under the cabinet
\

Unless your wanting to cut our and remove the floor portion of the cabinet box there isn't much you can do that your not doing currently, drying it out!

Get some vinyl flooring to cut out and cover the floor.

Old 09-27-21, 02:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 676 Votes on 598 Posts
As long as the cabinet floor is still solid I wouldn't worry about it too much as there isn't much more you can do short of removing or disassembling the cabinet. Painting the floor of the cabinet is also an option.

Old 09-27-21, 04:46 AM
Received 594 Votes on 531 Posts
How bad was the leaking in the ceiling below? If it was prolonged and soaked, you will have mold growth. To properly dry it out you need to remove the ceiling from below and see just how wet the wood is. You can then leave it open for it to dry out properly. Repairing drywall is not a big problem. You might need to do the same thing on the wall. Not a major job.

Old 09-29-21, 07:07 PM
K
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Fortunately, the soaking is not too bad. Looks like I was able to find it moment paint started peeling.

I made a cut on the wall and ceiling and checked inside. Insulation is just a bit damp on the face (paper side) nothing more .. wood is perfectly dry.

Now the challenge is painting. The room was newly painted and the paint just ballooned and peeled.

I have earlier painted such peeled paint with not too good result. What happens is , since part of the paint is peeled, the line where peeling ends becomes a little uneven. .
Do I need to remove paint in entire wall ?
Or should I sand the edge and paint ?

Old 09-30-21, 02:57 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 676 Votes on 598 Posts
the line where peeling ends becomes a little uneven
Sanding might work although it's often easier/quicker to skim a little joint compound over the transition to smooth it out. Sand, prime and paint when dry.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: