Burned on grease

Old 01-28-23, 10:54 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Unhappy Burned on grease

I have some really nice Calphalon pans that have accumulated some grease on the underside. Definitely from the stove. (Daughter doesn't use a splash guard so the stove itself gets greasy and as she moves the pans around - they accumulate grease. At least that's what I think it is.)
What can I use to get that grease off that will be safe for the pan. The grease seems to be transferring back and forth from the pan to the stove.

Thanks

Old 01-28-23, 12:50 PM
C
Received 168 Upvotes on 136 Posts
I use bar keepers friend on pan bottoms. I wet the pan, sprinkle on the BKF, let it sit a bit and then use a scrunge to scour it. I usually use a blue scrunge, but for really baked on gunk you may need to use a green one. Don't use the BKF on the inside of pans if they are non-stick.

It works a lot better if you do it frequently, before the stuff gets really baked on.

And of course it's way easier to avoid the problem by cleaning the stove top before you use it (like that ever happens).

Old 01-28-23, 01:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,905 Upvotes on 1,711 Posts
You might want to check the mfg's website since they answer this very question. They also state:

Do not use Scotch Brite™ Heavy Duty scrub sponges or Bar Keeper's Friend® cleanser or other abrasive powdered cleansers on the hard-anodized aluminum exterior of Calphalon Unison Nonstick cookware as these will damage the dishwasher-safe coating and void the Warranty.

Old 01-28-23, 01:58 PM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
We have Calphalon pans both nonstick and stainless. I don't wash the non stick in the dishwasher I always wash them by hand. I use the blue scrubby on the interior. I've been using greenies on the bottoms for years (oops?).

Old 01-29-23, 02:52 PM
M
Thank you all

Old 02-27-23, 01:24 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Check out a product called Members Mark Commercial Oven, Grill and Fryer Cleaner. Works pretty good. Just wear gloves when handling and well ventilated area.

EarlyMornings voted this post useful.
Old 02-27-23, 07:09 PM
M
Thank you envieddesigns. I’ll check that out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: