Super Glue Removal

Old 11-05-00, 11:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

A tube of super glue burst open on my kitchen counter. I've tried a number of solvents and goof off with no luck. Can Super Glue be removed?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-00, 07:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi Kirk,

Oh those onery tubes of super glue.

First of all the most important thing to remember when cleaning is - Give Your Product Time To Work. People put a solvent on and expect it to remove whatever, right away. Well patience is a virtue when dealing with stains or the likes of super glue.

So get some acetone, like found in nail polish remover. Pour on a paper towel and just let that set awhile. 30 minutes or so isn't too long. If it's budging let it set a bit longer.

The acetone should take it off. If not use some paint thinner. I hate to recommend this but if those fail, use a one sided razor and scrape it off. Be very very careful to work at an angle close to the counter so you don't gouge the counter. But the acetone should do the job.

Mary Moppins

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 12-24-07 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-22-07, 10:56 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
crazy glue on counter

Hi I solved my problem today.Someday recommended I put ice cubes in a ziplock bag and leave on glue for 15-20 mins.Then scrape off with a new razor.It worked I am so happy but don't know who to thank.I'm not too sure how to read this site.I found my answer by accident.Good luck Judy

Old 12-24-07, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
this was a older post, these older posts are left on the site for future reference to help others out. No 2 people are going to suggest the same tips sometimes. Congrads on it working and check back often for any other questions or advice.