Storage shelves for small parts organizers?

Old 07-30-06, 07:51 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Storage shelves for small parts organizers?

Hi Folks,

I have several of these small parts storage containers (Stanley branded, available at Lowes). They are the cat's meow for small parts because you can remove individual bins and dump out the parts for easier access. They come in 2 different heights.

I would like to store these in some efficient manner while still being able to see what is in each container (through the top). I haven't been able to come up with an idea that doesn't waste a lot of horizontal space yet. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ben

Old 07-31-06, 09:44 AM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Perhaps you can create some sliding shelves.

Old 07-31-06, 05:15 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Metal shelf brackets or other such hanger could be used to hook storage containers on by handles. The containers could be tilted to left and right to spy through lid. Placing labels on side of boxes may also expedite searches: little screws, big screws (straight or Phillips), big nails, little nails, metal washers, rubber washer, etc.

Old 08-02-06, 08:49 AM
U
How about using pegboard, with hooks through the handles, containers clear side out. If you need more storage consider building framed doors using more pegboard, deep enough to allow for 1 or 2 thicknesses of containers. You could hang more containers on the outside of the doors, and even more on the inside (if you made the frames deep enough). That could give you three levels of container. Put the most used containers on the outside.

Old 08-10-06, 05:55 PM
K
Wide, shallow drawers. I have an 8' counter with such drawers under it; the parts containers don't need lids in this case.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: