Walk In Closet Width

Old 10-02-07, 07:47 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Walk In Closet Width

We are remodeling and will be making a walk-in closet. What are the recommendations for the width of a walk-in where there will be hanging on each side of the closet?

Thanks---

Old 10-04-07, 06:13 AM
W
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
Closet Width

My thoughts: 2 feet on each side for hanging and 4 feet in the center for walking, standing, and deciding; total 8 feet. Hope this helps. Good luck with your project.

Old 10-04-07, 06:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 361 Votes on 318 Posts
6'-7' is bare minimum, anything wider is gravy A lot depends on the space you have to work with. My walk in closet is 4'8" x 8' - hanging on just one side [and the back] BUT that is all there was room for

Old 10-04-07, 11:27 AM
We made ours just over 6' - I figured 18" for the hangers on either side and the rest for walking. However it's also nearly 10 feet long, so we will put a changing area somewhere in there where clothes will not hang on either side, so there will be a 6' wide area to twirl around and change. We are also fairly small/thin people, so walking space is not an issue. I would have liked to make the closet wider, but it was eating into valuable bedroom space.

Old 12-17-07, 04:37 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
agree

Originally Posted by Wirepuller38 View Post
My thoughts: 2 feet on each side for hanging and 4 feet in the center for walking, standing, and deciding; total 8 feet. Hope this helps. Good luck with your project.
i agree with ken... might just work... all the best

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: