bedroom closet makeover

Old 01-27-14, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bedroom closet makeover

i have 3ft by8 1/2 ft closet with his and her bifold 36in doors. tring to maximize my space,thinking of building something for clothes,so high,but whole length instead of dressers. i thought 2 shelves,1 higher and wider,1 lower with no stop hanging. everybody says go buy this and that,i"m ill and broke but pretty handy.any ideas postem here! thinking them wire shelfs top of closet,thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-14, 06:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 222 Posts
If you want open shelves and closet rods you can pretty much design anything you want, using Melamine adjustable side panels as your end wall and vertical panels... then position shelves between them on shelf pegs as needed, and chrome closet rods cut to the right length will help keep everything spread out tight to the side walls. Many men will have two tiered closet rods at 84" and 42" (or thereabouts) to make the best use of space when hanging clothes. Women often need more space for longer things like dresses and long coats. Many women also like to have a couple side panels maybe 12" apart and then shelves 8" on center for all their shoes.

The sky is the limit for how you want to design it. Those vertical end panels can either be held in place with vinyl u-channel that's attached to the wall and floor, or some guys will just put horizontal 1x4 nailers on the walls near the top and middle- or just underneath a permanent non-movable shelf- and then they will sandwich the end panels between the nailers and toenail them.