Semi-permanent movable partitions

Old 11-04-15, 12:34 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Semi-permanent movable partitions

Hello listmates,

If I have a fairly large studio that I want to partition, floor to ceiling, creating essentially a separate room - what are the best technologies to use?

The floor is hard floor, the ceiling is false ceiling (the roof is 2-3 feet above it). The partition must be movable so I can change its shape/configuration as necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Boris.

Old 11-04-15, 03:58 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,323 Upvotes on 2,066 Posts
What is "hard floor"? Is it anything you can attach to? Are you able to remove panels from the drop ceiling to attach to structure above?

How rigid and heavy do the partitions need to be? Are they just visual back drops or do you want them to be structurally sound and sturdy enough to limit sound?

Old 12-08-15, 11:02 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
think cubicles

i am a retail designer and this is a HUGE thing. it might seem complicated but its a very simple concept- just google partition walls and you will find your options. like another poster mentioned it all depends on what these walls will be used for. it is essentially the same thing as cubicle wall dividers- although you likely want them taller. things you should consider when googling....
1. how portable? are you moving them around constantly or want the ability to move them in the future?
2. aesthetics... what material/color/finish/height?
3. purpose... do you want these dividers to have sound deadening properties? allow light to pass through? ability to support weight for a wall rack system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: