Vents for pantry

Old 07-30-20, 09:27 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vents for pantry

I just moved into a mobile home and the pantry does it have any ventilation so things in their stay warmer than I want. I'm finding that items might even sweat like bottles of water inlet not. Is there anything that I can do cost-effective to ventilate that area short of leaving the door open? I can't change the door out right now but eventually I will change it to something that has slots in it. I just need to add some way to get air flow into that room.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-20, 12:56 AM
Received 309 Votes on 289 Posts
The pantry is inside the conditioned space so it;s going to be the same temp/humidity as the rest of the trailer.

Old 07-31-20, 02:11 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 255 Votes on 225 Posts
Air flow is the biggest issue/ Vents may help but the main thing is air circulation.
What size is the pantry? what year was the MH made?

Old 07-31-20, 06:13 AM
J
The home is a 1981 model double wide. My aunt had the home customer built to the floorplan she wanted so no other home is like that. Its located in the kitchen area right in the center of the home in all directions. She said its always been warmer in there.

Old 07-31-20, 06:19 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Might be a good idea to add a HVAC vent close to the pantry.

Old 07-31-20, 06:27 AM
J
I didn't see your size part, I'm totally estimating here. I think it's about 2' x 4' but the 4 feet might be a bit of a stretch.

Old 07-31-20, 06:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
That's too small for an HVAC vent in the closet but if one was placed near it I'd expect more conditioned air to get to that space .... especially if that area has never cooled as well as the rest of the house.

Old 07-31-20, 10:10 AM
J
All of the air conditioning registers are in the floor so I would rather not have to go underneath the trailer and run something and mess with all of that because I am by no means an expert in that field. I was considering some other options like adding a vent in the top on both sides so that air would flow through and maybe one at the bottom but I didn't know if that would even allow air to circulate through. I would use some type of cover over it. Of course when I put a different door in there are we circulate through but that's still going to be a ways away. I'm just a little concerned with cutting through paneling.

Old 07-31-20, 12:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you leave the door open does that alleviate the moisture issue?