running data and power together

Old 03-09-03, 08:47 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
running data and power together

I need to find some proof for a customer that data and power running within two inches of each other is not good except where there is shielding provided. Now because of the country this is going into electrical codes mean nothing. So I need a technical reason I can back up with documentation, from someone other then UL or CSA or for that matter the NEC or CEC.
There must be a trade bulliton addressing this somewhere? If anyone has any ideas please tell me.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-03, 07:21 AM
C
After having dug through a score of technical bulletins, white papers, and standards research, it seems that the following the most objective approach to what you want. It was easy to find standards but hard to find why, which is what is seemed that you needed.

http://www.siemon.com.cn/white_paper...tation.asp.htm

Depending upon your audience, this may be too theoretical. The development of TIA 568 B is the most appropriate frame of reference I found. Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-10-03, 07:22 AM
G
Thanks a lot exactly what I needed

Old 03-10-03, 08:47 AM
C
Sometimes finding out why and how the conclusion is reached is more difficult that finding the rules. It often bemuses me that some standards, electrical and other, exist. Trying to find out how the decisions were reached can be quite enlightening.

Glad it worked out.