scanners

Old 05-12-03, 05:00 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
scanners

I jsut recently got a Bearcat 210xl sczanner. I dont know how to use it but have head of people using scanners and listing to everything from police to doctors office intercoms. I dont really understand much about mhs and khz and alll the different frequencies. It sounds very interesting and i would like to learn more about it and radio waves. I cant seem to find much information about anything though so any help or explanations are apperciated. I found a manual for a bearcat 210 on the internet and printed it but its not really the same as the 210xl anyone know any websites for getting manuals off the internet? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-03, 02:04 AM
Call your local news paper or TV station they should have all of the frequencys of local departments. A lot of radio shack type stores will also have the frequencies. Other than that you might to where you got the scanner and the frequencies you have collected and see if they will put them in for you.

Old 05-20-03, 05:41 AM
You can get a manual from Uniden Bearcat.

http://www.uniden.com/docs/store/sit...&SEARCH_TYPE=3

Old 05-20-03, 08:28 AM
Smile

This web site has a listing of scanner frequencies by state, city an easy look up, have fun.
Just as a side note some cities are now using digital equipment regular scanners won’t pick up those signals.

http://www.cityfreq.com:81/