cable fishing

Old 07-17-03, 06:04 PM
moose
Visiting Guest
Question cable fishing

Hi.

I was wondering if cable fishing (TV and internet) is something I could do it myself instead of calling someone. Some of the TV cable outlets throughout the house seem to be disconnected somewhere. Internet cable connection is something I would like to do instead of calling someone. I found out that calling someone per outlet is very pricy. My basement is finished and as well as the whole house. There are, as far as I know, two small openings to the attic space, but it's one of those unusable attic space. Because the whole house is finished and this will be the first time for me to touch electrical wiring, I need some serious guidance. (But I am a quick learner and know some of the terms.) I don't know how much more information need for you to advise me on this so I leave that for you to ask me again.

If I can do it myself, then first, how do I do it, for each TV and internet?
what are the equipments and supplies that I would need to do this? If the equipments that you recommend to use are too expensive to purchase, is there any other alternative or even do it without it?

Any advice will help.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-03, 06:21 PM
moose
Visiting Guest
Post additional info

This cable fishing through the walls for ethernet became the last result from finding out service charges and permanent holes on walls from exteriors that cable companies keep leaving. I did think of the wireless router but there is still skepticism about privacy. Is wireless safe at all? I was told that wireless uses FM signals and anyone can look into your computers.

Old 07-17-03, 07:13 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I pulled cat 5 cable through my finished house for internet and networking. The TV cable could have gone in too, if I had wanted it. Here is a wrap up of what I did and how and why.

http://www.chris.fite.com/cat5.html

Hope this helps.