Fax wont respond to setting

Old 10-06-03, 04:48 PM
W
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
Fax wont respond to setting

I have a relatively new Brother MFC 3200C Fax,printer,scanner that USED to let my answering machine answer the phone if I set the MFC to the 4 ring setting. For some strange reason, the MFC now answers it after 2 rings which is somewhat disconcerting to legitimate callers, (telemarketers not included) I have unplugged it and re set the setting 3 or 4 times with the same result. Im looking for Ideas.

Old 10-07-03, 08:19 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What operating system are you using with this? Do you have the current drivers installed? Is it working properly otherwise? How many devices are on your telephone system? Has this number changed lately?

Here is what Brother says about this:

http://solutions.brother.com/Library...aq0066bhl.html

Hope this helps.

Old 10-08-03, 08:57 AM
W
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
Answering device

thank you for the comprehensive reply! To answer your questions, Im running XP, Everything else is operating Ok, There is only the TAD on the phone line. Except for an extension on my desk. All the correct drivers were installed months ago. And the machine has been working fine after its initial installation for all that time. From your BROTHER notes, I notice that the MFC is not connected directly to the TAD so I will change that first. I will have to check the other settings but I think they are in order. I did take it to a Brother Service Center and they hooked it up separate from everything, and it still answered the ring after only 2 rings. He Told me to call Brother. I dont have two hours to wait for a technician to pick up the phone...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: