? For Cell Phone Experts

Old 10-20-03, 08:47 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ? For Cell Phone Experts

I am now on my third phone from AT&T Wireless since opening my account at the end of August. The common problem to them all is that they are cutting out on every second or third word and I am unable to successfully have a complete conversation each and every time I try no matter what area I am in. It is really bad anytime there is the slightest background noise on my end. It seems that makes the words cutout even worse. AT&T refuses to believe it could be a service issue and says they are unable to help me at this point. They are passing the buck to the phone manufacturer who has tested my other two phones and says they are perfectly fine. Now I am stuck in a two year contract and cannot use the phone, yet I am still expected to pay. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Old 10-21-03, 05:41 AM
R
Are you standing still when this happens, or are you walking or driving?

How far are you from the nearest cell phone tower?

Are there numerous towers in your area, or are ther just a few?

One of the problems with AT&T and Sprint is that they do not have nearly the coverage that other providers have, especially in fringe areas.

You have demonstrated why it is so important not to sign a contract until you have actually used a phone identical to the one you would be buying for some period of time. All the major players will let you borrow a phone for a week or so, to enable you to evaluate their service. You should have done this.

Old 10-21-03, 09:26 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, I'd say you're pretty much stuck with what you've got. AT&T's wireless is just not up to par.

You may want to try to get a lawyer involved in the process, but I seriously doubt it will help.

Having signed a contract for 2 years, it really doesn't matter what kind of service you're getting - as Robert mentioned, you should have checked that out to begin with.

I'd say either get a lawyer and get lucky, or talk to AT&T about what you can do to get out of your contract - I guarantee you it will cost you though.

Try Verizon - they have the best coverage area. Just make sure you don't sign a contract before testing the service.

Good luck!

Old 11-15-03, 08:12 PM
doni49
Visiting Guest
I'd have to agree with the others. PLUS you had the ability to cancel the service within the first 15 days. Couldn't you tell within those 2 weeks that something was wrong? You did say this happens EVERY time, regardless of where you are--right

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: