converting second phone line

Old 10-28-03, 04:00 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
converting second phone line

I need a little reassurance...I've been reading the previous posts on this subject and want to be sure of what I'm doing.

Our house had 2 seperate phone lines and the second line is disconnected. The second line has 2 jacks, one jack is connected with the black and yellow wire, and the other is connected with a orange/white and white/orange wire.

The box outside has 2 blocks, the one marked line one is connected with the red and green wire, and the one marked line 2 is connected with the orange/white and white/orange wire.

Once I get daylight tomorrow morning I was going to try and screw the white/orange wire from line 2 under the same screw as the green wire from line 1, and the orange/white from 2 to the red from 1.

If this is correct, I've got a questions:

If I unplug the jacks in the box does that cut the power (my hair is curly enough)?

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-28-03, 10:37 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes, what you want to do will work - just move the orange/white wires to the red/green posts.

I recommend you disconnect the test jacks, but it's really not necessary - the worst that could happen is you get a 54V jolt if the phone happens to ring (not a big deal, not even enough to wake you up, just surprise you.)

You have no real electrocution concerns though.

Good luck!

Old 10-29-03, 06:36 AM
C
It worked!

Ah life's simple pleasures.

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: