interference with telephone when dsl is on

Old 03-12-04, 06:29 PM
chadt
Visiting Guest
interference with telephone when dsl is on

I moved the dsl modem i have from one room to another. The phone guy, when it was installed, wired something so there wasn't any interference. Since i moved the modem to another jack, we get interference whenever the DSL modem is plugged in while talkingon the phone. What can i do to the plugin to take the interference out?

Old 03-12-04, 07:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 133 Votes on 123 Posts
Sounds like he setup the DSL filter(s) so that the original jack was isolated from the rest of the house wiring. It's hard to tell, it really depends on how the house and NID are set up. There are a lot of ways he could have accomplished this.

Old 03-12-04, 09:14 PM
chadt
Visiting Guest
one plugin

He only worked on the plugin that was in my former office. He didn't mess with the mess of tangled wires in the basement. I'm not really sure how he did it...i may have to just call and have them come over. I was hoping to a quick fix, but i'd hate to mess anything up.

Old 03-13-04, 11:18 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Grab a DSL filter from Radio Shack, Best Buy, pretty much anywhere and plug it in - should take care of your problem. Make sure you get the "splitter" kind and not the filter only type. You want to filter the phone side and not filter the DSL modem side.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: