moving "powershield"

Old 03-24-04, 09:02 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
moving "powershield"

I am going to be finishing my basement soon and started doing prep work. I found this thing in my basement it is from APC and it is a power shield.
If I leave it wher it is I am either going to have to cover it up perminantly or create an access panel neither of which I want to do. So I want to move this to a place in the basement that isn't goin to be finished.
It is attached with a 22awg wire with a 6 pin connector
What I want to know is
(1) can I splice into this ? If so what type of connector do I use to butt the two together.
(2) should I try to run it from the IAD to the new location and for get the splice
(3) should I even attempt his or will this render the equipment useless.

Thanks for the help

Old 03-30-04, 10:52 AM
A
I contacted the vendor

I found out that this product was made by APC. I emailed their tech support and it will be safe to move it.

Basically this is a battery back up for the VoIP system.

Thanks for trying to help

Old 04-01-04, 05:26 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sorry we haven't been able to help - but I'm glad it worked out for you. To be honest, I had no idea what that could have been. It didn't sound like a normal UPS system, but I guess it is

That's why they call it Do-It-Yourself - maybe next time we'll be more help. BTW, when you're posting, be sure to include any model numbers and anything else you might think will help us out.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: