wiring up 2nd phone line

Old 10-25-04, 03:40 PM
mystikangel
Visiting Guest
Question wiring up 2nd phone line

boy where have iI been!! Im trying to hook up a second phone line I called the phone co and they came out and hook up a phone lime but told me I had to wire it myself unless I wanted to pay this rediculous price for them to do it , so ........ how do I do it???
I thought it would be easy and just run a line from my puter to the line that comes insid the house , even tho I have the two lines , they ring seperatly, but I can hear me dial on the oposite line and being on line other lilne rings but there is a buch of static almost like the handshaking you get when your conecting to the internet (via dial up l) H E L P ! please

Old 10-25-04, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Theysure do want an arm and a leg to come work in the home i got told $100 per Hr. Now you dont say did you wire it inside to the jack box outside? Start there outside pull the plug on both lines and put in your test phone and see that its not in their lines if so call them. If not go over your wire you put in . look on the back of the papers that came with the phone jack it will show you there. If its all the same jack then you need a line #1 and #2 spliter to go in the wall jack.

ED

Old 10-25-04, 04:37 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take a look at http://phonewiring.safewatchservice.com for an explanation and diagrams of how phone wiring works.

If you still have questions, feel free to post back.

Good luck!

Old 10-26-04, 12:13 PM
mystikangel
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up 2nd line

Thanks you guys for the help, I did go to that link and found that I needed to get the black to the green and yellow to red and WALLA! it fixed it ! whew!, they were fonna charge me $100 but because of the misunderstanding a rep threw at me they were going to knock it down to $60 wow! now they can just wave there instalation fee of $36.00 and I'.ll be a happy camper ! Thank you all again !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: