Small phone splices

Old 10-29-04, 08:50 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Small phone splices

Hey all, what should I use to do small splices in phone wire, like 1 to 3 for a total of 4 wires? Just regular little phone boxes? (the baseboard type?) I'm running the main wire to a central point in the basement and it splits off there to smaller junction boxes on the outer walls, where those wires split to 3 or 4 more and go upstairs or wherever. Currently they're using the small wall boxes for junction boxes, is this proper? I'm using a 66-block for the main junction mid-basement, and I dont need anything that heavy duty for the little junctions. Thanks.

Old 10-30-04, 07:21 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A lot of guys will just use I-connectors to connect several wires together - although it's not ideal. I would go with a 4 or 5 extension junction box. It's similar to a wall-mount jack, but it's a little longer and will have several terminals inside for adding several jacks.

You've got several options for making phone connections/junctions - you're best bet is really to not have any junctions at all and run all of your wires back to a central point, but if that is not an option (or just too much work), you can certainly use junction boxes too.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: