Which phones will connect to PC?

Old 12-29-04, 12:14 AM
Disciple
Visiting Guest
Which phones will connect to PC?

I need to be able to hook up a phone system that will allow me to play on-hold music from my PC. I have been told that only a PBX phone system will do this, but is that true? They are very expensive, is there a cheaper solution?

Old 12-29-04, 06:05 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you are technically inclined and have the time you can have a full fledged PBX for incedibly cheap. Otherwise check out a product called "On-Hold Plus". It is a system that allows you to put a call on hold with music, also it looks like some models include recording features (haven't used it but pricing looks to be under $300).

Old 01-10-05, 10:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
key systems also have MOH features.. I built a hold button back in the mid 70's for the single line phone, also one that had an audio transformer incorporated in it.. the transformer input windings went to a small jack that I fed music into (line outputs).. putting music on the line when you pressed the hold button.. its basically the same hold button sold today in radio shacks and targets, etc.. just put the xsformer in the hold side of the circuit.. it doesn't take much to figure out the circuit by looking inside..

Old 01-13-05, 02:04 PM
VooDooATL
Visiting Guest
I don't think its still available

But MS used to sell a corless phone that had these features and connected into the PC. Personally I like the idea of running * - a softwaqre PBX. This would allow you to take VoIP calls using your broadband internet connection. With an old PC you can have a very professional system, even add an international number or 2 for inbound dial via the Intenet

Old 01-15-05, 12:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 119 Votes on 110 Posts
I have a piece of software called Communicate! Lite that came with the fax/modem I got from Zoom. It has a lot of the capabililities you are looking for. I don't know if the software is still available.

I played with it a bit, and if worked fairly well. I just don't leave my computers up and running when I'm not home, so it didn't really appeal to me.

Try this link: http://www.01com.com/products_v10_fe....asp?navid=v10

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: