Verizon Fiber Optic

Old 03-03-05, 05:08 AM
jalvord1
Visiting Guest
Verizon Fiber Optic

Anyone know anything about the new Verizon fiber optic service available? My area is available to receive this, and I currently has DSL, but have heard that Fiber Optic is way faster. They have a 5/2, & 15/2 service and I wonder how those download and upload speeds compare with my DSL.....
Any thoughts welcome

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-05, 02:09 PM
CLIFFC
Visiting Guest
Try It

I Am A Verizon Splice Tech Currently Working On This Fttp In Ri. We Only Just Started Building The Network So I Havent Seen It Work. But I Have Heard Great Things About Texas And Other Places Where Its Up And Running, People Love It. If You Get It You Should Notice A Good Difference From Your Dsl. What State Do You Live In.

Old 03-10-05, 10:37 AM
sompin2do
Visiting Guest
Check Your Current Phone Line First

Verizon came to my house yesterday and found that the room where I wanted to connect wasn't wired with Cat 5. 3 months ago I had jacks added for my DSL connection and the guy didn't use the same wiring (Cat 5) as the rest of the house . He just used plain phone wire. Verizon techs here in North Texas aren't allowed in your attic unless it's floored and lit. So I'm back to square one. He at least left the pull strings tied to the rafters and I think I can splice to my Cat 5 that he chose not to use then pull them down where my puters are. Talk about a bubble buster! The Verizon order taker never told me to make sure I had Cat 5 at the point where the computers would connect.

Old 03-14-05, 06:13 AM
P
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down just check availability

Hello!

Fiber optic service is faster than DSL lines...It is true...

But as you mentioned your area is ready to receive the service for cable service..
If you are thinking to check real availability of service in your are I provide you the link where....... when you enter your area detail it will show you which company with which service ( it will show you comparative download speed too) and offers ...available at your doorstep .......you can check both for business and home ......

xxxxxxxxxxx

just visit and follow the instruction.

I Hope it will be informative for you..

Moderator note:
Member banned for advertising.
Link offered was part of a click through scheme.
This member is also here under two other user names and has been dealt with.

Last edited by GregH; 03-14-05 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Advertising not permitted