phone line

Old 06-11-05, 06:35 AM
goow
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up phone line

Thanks to all for your help I'm going to call the phone company maybe they didn't understand what I needed done.

Last edited by goow; 06-13-05 at 03:16 PM. Reason: moving on
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-05, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In most cases the TelCo is responsible service/repair for the wire until it goes into your house.If it needs replacement you'll have to call them,otherwise you could be in for trouble with them & the FCC for unauthorized work.

Old 06-11-05, 06:36 PM
R
What do you want this type of wire for? You cannot replace the wire from the pole to the house yourself, so it can;t be for that. Your use will determine the type of wire you need.

Old 06-11-05, 07:56 PM
aerial drop cable

from the pole to the nid/demarc is regulated which means only telco authorized personell can work on it

you could however use it to run bldg to bldg on your own property on the customer side of the demarc

Old 06-11-05, 09:32 PM
goow
Visiting Guest
Thanks. I built an addition on my house and now the phone line is only two feet off the ground the phone co. said to splice it myself.

Old 06-12-05, 06:39 AM
R
That's their job. Make them come out and do it. If it's on their side of the NID then you cannot even legally do this. Plus, if you climb the pole you are breaking the law.

I would report them to the state public utilities commission for even suggesting something this ludicrous.

Old 06-12-05, 08:17 AM
S
Originally Posted by goow
Thanks. I built an addition on my house and now the phone line is only two feet off the ground the phone co. said to splice it myself.

Whoever you talked to at the phone company didnt know what they were talking about. As what was already said, this is illegal for a homeowner to do and is the responsibility of the phone company.

Old 06-13-05, 11:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
give them one more opportunity to come out and take care of the problem, then turn it over to the PUC, telco's "hate" PUC complaints! and it WILL get action..