Phone Line Hookup

Old 07-24-05, 09:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Phone Line Hookup

At my church we have elderly individuals who, because of illness cannot make all the meetings at church. Because of this, we have set up a system which allows us to call them and hook their telephone line up to our sound system so that they can listen to the sermon. Recently, we had a thunderstorm and since none of our equipment was hooked up to a surge protector, a vital piece to the telephone hookup was damaged and no longer functions. It is a small black box which has two telephone lines running into it. It then has 2 sets of RCA stereo jacks which hook up to our sound system. I'm not sure what this device is called and it makes it that much harder to find it. I believe the part was ordered through Radio Shack but I cannot find it there any longer. Can someone please tell me what this part would be called and where I can find it? Thank you.
Old 07-24-05, 10:22 AM
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 524
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not a telephone pro,

but I'm thinking some type of music-on-hold sytem. In this case, instead of music, the sound system was connected.

Is this similair to what you were using?

If not, please post back with the name and model # of the old unit and we may be able to figure out what would replace it.

Is there anyone in the church with an electronics repair background? The old unit may be able to be repaired for less than a new one.

Edit: I just found these, audio to telephone interfaces, these may be closer to what you were using: , ,

I hope this helped!

Last edited by Desy2820; 07-24-05 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: