difficulty level install phone line?

Old 08-06-05, 02:44 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
difficulty level install phone line?

I've got a bad line inside house - other lines to same phone # ok. Hooked up to box and no problem at box.

This seems odd to me as the problem started during heavy rains and although it is now constant - its worse during a rain storm (lightning/thunder make no difference - its the rain) since problem is after the box - I don't understand how rain makes it worse - its not exposed to weather anywhere......

I'm going to try a different jack at that location - but if that doesn't work - it's in the line -

Is it as simple as connecting a new wire to old and pulling it through to location ?

Other then connecting wires in the right places - is there anything else I should know?

Last edited by kathie659; 08-06-05 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-05, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the reason you are having problem becouse of rain is mositure ,shorting out a break in the cable somewhere. there is a break in the insaltion and its no problem untill moisture gets in and acts as a conductor.

see it all the time heavy static in the morning until the dew burns off then clear line all day

Is it as simple as connecting a new wire to old and pulling it through to location ?
its highly unlikley that would work , the cable is more than likley stapled or otherwise attached to the structure , probably is running thru holes just large enough for the cable ect ect.

if the bad cable has spare pairs you can try bringing your dialtone in on a unused pair.

all but the oldest cable is at least two pair , newer stuff is three to four .