Can Call Out, but not receive calls

Old 02-02-06, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can Call Out, but not receive calls

Weird problem with my phones (2 on same line). I can call out on either phone, but when anyone tries to call me they get 1 or 2 rings on their end and then a busy signal. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-06, 09:03 PM
short somehwere

do you hear any ring ?

have you tried unplugging each of your phones ?

try disconnecting the house wire at the nid , if it clears its your short to fix if it continues then its a telco problem

Old 02-02-06, 09:36 PM
I unplugged each phone, but I still have the same problem. I'll have to go up on the roof to check the NID (it's a business address and that's where they put it). I'll check the jack wiring first though. Thanks for your help

Old 02-04-06, 04:56 PM
Something is tripping the ring. That can be caused by a bad telephone set or a problem in the wiring. Yours or the telephone companies.

I would suggest taking a known good phone to your telephone network interface. (If you don't have one the phone company will install one for you free of charge. All lines are required to have some means for the consumer to test their wiring.) Plug the phone into the jack in the box and give the line a call. If it can ring and be answered normally then the problem is in your house. If not it is in the telephone companies wiring and they should repair it for you free of charge.