Tips to prevent probable brain cancer

Old 07-20-08, 12:20 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Tips to prevent probable brain cancer

Using your cell phone to your ears most of the time can probably cause you brain cancer. It is because of the micro waves coming from the phone antennae. In order to prevent this probable cause, try using a headset or blue tooth. A headset is much more cheaper. Try to spread this tip to as many people as you can to prevent future outbreaks.

Here's the video source of where I got this from:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Old 07-20-08, 07:05 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

I don't know if I'd say they "probably" cause cancer. There is no hard data to back it up ... yet.

Here's a very good article that summarizes the debate.

BTW, Bluetooth is a transmitter that's blasting 100 milliwatts of RF power directly into your ear at 2.4 gigahertz. If cell phones are bad, then so are Bluetooth devices.

Last edited by Rick Johnston; 07-20-08 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Add a line
Old 07-20-08, 08:02 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
blue tooth DOES also cause probable brain cancer. sorry to say.

Old 07-20-08, 08:25 PM
nap
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
this graph from the National Cancer Institute seems to show not only no increase in brain cancer from 1996-2005 but actually show a decline in the incident rate.

Since the use of cellphones has grown by such a huge amount in the last 10-15 years, if it did cause cancer, one would think the incident rate would increase to mirror that usage rate.

Well, the link doesn't seem to work. Go to this link and look at "page 82".

Old 07-21-08, 04:04 AM
R
Originally Posted by skyline4evr
blue tooth DOES also cause probable brain cancer. sorry to say.
In your original post you said, "try using a headset or blue tooth" to prevent ...

Because cancer can develop years or even decades after exposure to a cancer-causing agent it's very difficult to lay blame. There's a similar debate going on about high-tension power lines that run through backyards all over the USA. It took decades to figure out that asbestos causes mesothelioma, that smoking causes lung cancer, and that holding a radar gun between your legs in a police car causes testicular cancer. Cell phones haven't been around long enough to gather sufficient data.

Still, I'd rather not do something that may affect my brain in ten or twenty years.

Old 07-21-08, 04:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 201 Posts
Like that pitcher of beer Saturday night?

Personally, I can think of a dozen things to be more worried about.

Old 07-21-08, 01:47 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
From what I've read, the cell/cancer theory has pretty well been debunked. Actually, cells operate in the 800 - 900 MHz UHF band. This is the same range that most modern police radio's use. Actual micro wave frequencies will fry your eggs if the power level is high enough.
The big problem with cell phones is the one track minds that try to talk and drive. I've even seen a few *&!#*'s texting while driving. That definitely tends to shorten someones life expectancy.

Old 07-22-08, 03:50 AM
R
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
Like that pitcher of beer Saturday night?
Beer has never been accused of causing cancer. It does kill brain cells, though. I'll stop drinking when I start forgetting my name. Or worse: Forgetting my wife's name!

Microwave oven = 2.4 GHz @ 1100 watts. Bluetooth = 2.4GHz @ .1 watts. How long do y'all figure it will take to cook a brain?

You're right, though, tow guy. There are plenty of things higher on the Worry List.

Like this one: TV news interviewed some kids who text while driving. One young lady said she steers with her knee and "my car is pretty good at going straight for a few seconds."

Old 07-22-08, 05:26 AM
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 201 Posts
Sort of makes me rethink the driving habits/patterns of the senior citizens down here. Although I've seen plenty of gray-haired old ladies yaking away on the cell, I've never seen one texting. Sidebar: I don't text. Ever. Stupidest form of communication I've ever seen.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: