Anyone Know Anything About Cell Phone Codes?

Old 09-20-08, 11:41 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I just bought a new cell phone, a Motorola Razr, from Alltel. The reception in our area is poor. It was also the same with Nextel, but with the Nextel phone I had, there was a sequence of buttons to push that activated a signal booster.

Does anyone know if there is anything like that for the Razr?

Thanks in advance!

Edith

Old 09-20-08, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Take it back to Alltel if you bought it directly from them and have them fix it or release you from your contract.

If you bought it from a peddeler/distributor and signed a service agreement you will have to fight with that entity.

Are there only service suppliers (and both with bad service) in your area? You are really not in a remote area. (My Nokia using T-Mobile worked from 15 miles offshore in Alaska). - You should have a choice with bad and worse.

You bought a service and you should not be restrained unless you cannot get a refund on the phone. Not being able to get service means the service is bad or the phone does not have the reception.

Find out what others in your area use for a service if you do not travel far and see how cheap (or free) you can get a phone. What you have is not a premium phone and they are usually free with a contract, so the service supplier is more important than the piece of hardware you carry around.

Old 09-20-08, 05:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
To directly answer your question, I had a few Razrs in my time, and hacked them all. Never did I see coding to boost signal.

Old 09-21-08, 12:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
We ARE in an fringe area with National Forest Service land surrounding us, so no towers, and you can't "boost" a signal that you can't receive in the first place.

Old 09-21-08, 12:25 PM

Is central Florida really a wilderness area? Some of northern Florida might qualify.

There must be some better cell phone servers/suppliers. I have never had a problem in that area through the years unless there was a local "quirk" in the systems. - I would look toward a different servicer instead of a reviving an old phone since phones can be free if you sign an agreement. If you are on a prepurchase/pay as you go, that is a different ballgame.

Dick

Old 09-24-08, 11:36 AM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No, Central Florida is not a "wilderness area", I am just in an area where reception happens to be poor.

Thanks anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: