What to use as phone junction

Old 01-19-09, 04:15 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What to use as phone junction

Have a new house and the electrician added 6 phone jacks. Three of them are just twisterd together with wire nuts and includes the wire going outside to the demark.

I don't care about the demark since I'm using Vonage, but need all the wires tied together. Is there an easy to use phone junction box to connect them all in a star pattern? Using a punch down block seems overly complicated since all I want is a reliable way to tie them all together.

PS: does it seem acceptable that the electrician just twisted the wires all together? Seems like slipshod work to me. I would have expected them to use some kind of distribution box. Strikes me that if someone/something gets caught and pulls those wires, I'd lose a connection. Just wondering if I should complain about their work and ask them to give me a better starting point. Is this typical for new construction? Seems to me if I had the phone co come in theyd charge extra for the inside work.

Old 01-19-09, 07:47 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For more than a couple wires, a 66 or 110 block is what you really want.

they aren't to hard to deal with when you get to now them, and can in fact be quite flexible.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: