Pulsating Dial Tone

Old 03-01-09, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pulsating Dial Tone

I have AT&T and lately when I pick up the phone the tone pulsates 6 or 7 times before the tone goes steady. Do I have an internal issue with a phone or is it AT&T.

When I built the house each jack has a seperate line running to it and the broken tone is on the cordless and the non cordless lines in the home.

Old 03-01-09, 06:11 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Usually an initial "stuttering" of the dial tone denotes a message has been left on the voice mail system. You would have a special number to call and then a code of several numbers to enter to retrieve the voice mail.

If you don't have voice mail (or are not sure if you have it) then call the telephone company repair service.

Old 03-01-09, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by furd View Post
Usually an initial "stuttering" of the dial tone denotes a message has been left on the voice mail system. You would have a special number to call and then a code of several numbers to enter to retrieve the voice mail.

If you don't have voice mail (or are not sure if you have it) then call the telephone company repair service.
Furd...you were right. It was a message left on the phone. I had never set up that "Voice Mail" on my phone instead used the answering machine. I think the message was left when my wife was on the phone at that time when someone else called, we have "call waiting" and the call rolled over to voice mail. Thanks a million george

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: