Low voltage brackets

Old 06-04-10, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Low voltage brackets

I am a little confused on what is appropriate for a low voltage bracket/box (specifically the orange plastic ones with open backs). I only intend to use them for audio (optical, 3.5mm, speaker wires), video (HDMI), and communications (CAT6,5e,3). Would any of these uses be more appropriate for a normal voltage A/C box rather than the low voltage ones?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-10, 12:12 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You can use standard boxes, if you wish, but you are fine with the low voltage boxes for your application.

Old 06-04-10, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYnewbie9 View Post
I am a little confused on what is appropriate for a low voltage bracket/box (specifically the orange plastic ones with open backs). I only intend to use them for audio (optical, 3.5mm, speaker wires), video (HDMI), and communications (CAT6,5e,3). Would any of these uses be more appropriate for a normal voltage A/C box rather than the low voltage ones?
The reason they are for low voltage applications is becuase of the bending radius of the wire. If you try to bend the wires to fit in a standard box, its going to jack up your cover plate and it will look out of wack. None of those wires require the use of a standard box, save yourself the headache and use the low voltage ring.