66 Block Numbering

Old 10-28-10, 11:15 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
66 Block Numbering

How is the terminals on the 66 block numbered?
Is it some thing like each row is numbered 1-50 and each column a letter A-D?

Old 10-29-10, 12:57 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Your question is a bit difficult to answer as there are several different models of 66 blocks and they are used in different manners. My Key Systems Service Manual has 16 pages specifically on the designation and labeling of 66 blocks and many, many more pages on applications of the various models. That's a bit much for me to copy and paste.

Bottom line is that you may identify your own 66 block in any manner that makes sense to you. I would strongly suggest that whatever method you use that you also make a chart to detail all the connections and post a copy of the chart next to the 66 block.

If you detail just what you are trying to accomplish I may have better suggestions.

Old 10-30-10, 07:09 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Here's a link to the standard color codes for 50-pair telephone wiring. If you're using connectorized 66 blocks and cables, this is the standard color coding for the pairs. However, they're really just terminal strips and can be used in any way you want.

As Furd said, post a chart next to the block. Although a Sharpie is great for IDing the tabs as you terminate, don't rely on the Sharpie for permanent labeling -- the Sharpie ink will be unreadable in a few years.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: