New phone does not work, too much static noise

Old 07-11-12, 05:55 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New phone does not work, too much static noise

Panasonic KX-TG4032B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with Answering System. I just received this Monday evening and charged it up, both units. Tues. evening I plugged the base unit into the phone line and could not hear caller well enough to have a conversation due to static noise. I called several friends and had the same problem. I unplugged and plugged, I took out the rechargeable batteries and put them back in. I moved the base unit from hallway into kitchen. I called customer support and they suggested hitting menu, # key, 122 and chosing either A or B. Did that and still, too much static noise. I made sure base was not near anything metal or electronic. I used a different phone line.

Is there any help for this phone? I could hear clearly for a few seconds and the volume and sound were great, but then static noise would interrupt each and every time.

Hoping you folks here can help me with this. Or, suggest a phone for the hard of hearing that would work in my home similar to this one.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-12, 07:12 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Do you have the same problem with a hard wired phone in the same jack? Have you tried plugging it directly into the NID?

Old 07-12-12, 03:51 AM
H
Was this other phone line in the same house? If so ask a neighbor if you could please borrow their phone line for a couple of tests and while your at it ask them if they have any static on their line. If no static on their line and you start hearing static on those phones you have defective phones and should return them to the store if at all possible and if not possible send them in for service while the warranty is still good. Uniden makes a great phone for the hearing impaired that is a speaker phone but it is not wireless. I bought that phone for my mom I think for a couple of Christmases past now and she still loves it. It has caller id and other nice features like a dialing feature where you can call back the person who called you. Anyway I bought that phone on Amazon.coms website,they have a terrific selection of phones.

Old 07-12-12, 04:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 296 Votes on 262 Posts
phone for the hard of hearing
I've found that most any phone that has volume control [not just the ringer] works fine when you don't hear well. I won't buy a phone if that's not listed on the box. I've found them both in corded and cordless.

Old 07-12-12, 03:38 PM
S
I have tried my neighbors line, borrowed and brought home and still lots of static. There is no problem with the jacks as I have a corded phone I plugged in and of course my other cordless I've dropped hundreds of times which I'm trying to replace, neither one has static on the same jacks I've tried this new phone on. No, it's definitely the phone, just wondered if there was something else I could do before returning it.

There is about 10-20 seconds on the new phone where the clarity is just wonderful before the static kicks in.

Thanks all.

Old 07-12-12, 03:52 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 296 Votes on 262 Posts
I'd quit fooling with it and take it back.

Old 07-12-12, 04:11 PM
S
yup, tomorrow it's going back. thanks all.