Apartment Building Intercom Troubleshooting

Old 10-18-12, 02:37 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Apartment Building Intercom Troubleshooting

I have a Auth Electric Company (now called Pacific electronics corp) intercom system in a 30 unit residential building. One of the apartments on the 5th floor is having a problem with her intercom. Visitors outside cant buzz her. When you push the button on the intercom the intercom doesn't buzz.. She cant hear the ring in her apartment either. She can speak into the intercom and hear but she cant hear when people buzz her. All of the other apartments buzzers work.

There are 2 intercoms, one on the outside of the building and another one in the lobby. If I press either buzzer it doesn't ring. I don't hear the ring from either buzzers on the outside or the lobby either.

Any advice or recommendation is appreciated

Admins Note.
Post moved here from electrical. Question has nothing to do with A/C or D/C electrical power. It's a communications intercom device or system. Therefore, thread moved here.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 10-22-12 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-20-12, 09:04 PM
J
I don't know much about com systems but you can try using a multi meter and testing for continuity between the lines to make sure non are broken assuming u have access to the com system.

Old 10-20-12, 11:03 PM
T
Can you swap panels in the affected unit and another unit, to see if the problem moves with the control panel or not? If the problem moves then it's the panel, if the problem stays then it could be whatever controller sits in the middle, or else wiring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: